It is the role of the Site Supervisor along with the manager to ensure that work is carried out correctly and safely with minimum risk. Site supervision is a vital role in the construction industry, where safety is a key issue that needs a lot of attention. As the site supervisor, it’s your job to both assess and manage safety hazards in the workplace. Responsibilities may also include managing and instructing the site workers, setting goals for the team and seeing projects through to completion.
The Citb Site Supervisor Course introduces Site Supervisors to their legal responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and environmental issues. This two-day Site Supervisor Course gives candidates a detailed insight on their roles of responsibilities, expectations and how they contribute to workplace safety. It serves to highlight the importance of promoting safety in order to supervise in an effective manner. The Citb Site Supervisor Course is endorsed by the United Kingdom Contractors Group as the standard course for all supervisors who work on UKCG sites. Those who complete the Site Supervisor Course may want to progress to the five-day Site Management Safety Training Scheme course. For example, existing site managers, agents, surveyors and managers should consider this extra training.
Citb Site Supervisor Course Outline:
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Specific site issues that challenge supervisors on a daily basis
- Effective toolbox talks
- Supervision of occupational health
- Behavioural safety
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long does the Site Supervisor Course usually take?
• The course usually runs for two days.
2. Will certificates be provided for each participant?
• Yes. Certificates from CITB are given to participants.
3. How long is the validity of the Citb Site Supervisor Course?
• The Site Supervisor Course is valid for 5 years. Candidates are required to sit the SSSTS Refresher course in order to renew the certificate.
4. Can this two-day Citb Site Supervisor Course be delivered on my site at a date of my choice if I have a group of staff members that need training?
• Yes, for group booking we can deliver the Site Supervisor Course on site at a date of your choice.
5. How is the Site Supervisor Course assessed?
• The Site Supervisor Course is assessed by a 30 minutes multiple-choice exam with 25 questions, you need to get 18/25 to pass.
6. What happens if I fail the Site Supervisor Course?
• The Citb Site Supervisor Course comes with our pass guarantee. This means if you fail the course you will need to resit the exam, however resit costs are on the house!
7. Do you need prior experience in the construction industry to attend the Citb Site Supervisor Course?
• No, you don’t need prior experience or qualifications to attend the Site Supervisor Course.
8. Can I complete this course online?
• This course cannot be completed online. You must attend the training at an approved centre.